Thursday, 2 January 2014

Book Review: Crystal Cove

Crystal Cove (Friday Harbour #4)
by Lisa Kleypas
2013
320 Pages

Synopsis from Goodreads
On the island of Friday Harbor, magic is in the air—and destiny is a force too powerful to defy…

As the proprietor of a successful boutique hotel, Justine Hoffman has the life she has always wanted. But there is still something missing: Love. A spell was cast on Justine when she was born, with the result that she will never find her soul mate. But she is nothing if not determined and eventually Justine finds a way to break the enchantment—never dreaming of the dangerous complications that will follow…


Rating: 2/5 Stars


My Review

This was an alright story. I gave it a try because it was a new author featured at the library. The plotline was a little off for me - the background of the main character wasn't really well explained. I understood that she was a witch, but it never went into detail about her relationship with her family, which I think would have made me understand her a bit more. There was a lot more sex than I was expecting (and I don't mind books with sex in them, but it just seemed to take over the plot and story). I don't know if I'll read more of hers. This just wasn't what I was expecting.



No comments:

Post a Comment