Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Product Review: Melissa & Doug Wooden Puzzles

Last week I went to Scholar's Choice in a mall close-by, and found a lot of neat puzzles for toddlers. Ryan has been showing an interest in doing puzzles, so I thought I would be on the lookout for different puzzles that he can do. I have some floor puzzles that I do with him - he can't figure out where the pieces go based on their shapes yet.

However, the Melissa & Doug wooden peg puzzles have been an amazing find! They're puzzles that he likes doing and can actually do on his own! He can lift the pieces out and move them around the way he wants to. Also, because the puzzles have the pictures of the pieces underneath, he can visualize where they go. It's super! I ended up buying one at Scholar's Choice, and another at Chapter's the next day. He enjoys doing them himself (although he still likes doing the other puzzles with me).

He likes to call out the names of the pieces too - great vocab enhancer!

I absolutely love that he can see the pictures underneath.

Doing it all himself!

It keeps him calm and focussed for a little while too.

The fire truck is definitely his favourite.
The puzzles I have so far for him are:

  • Transportation wooden peg puzzle
  • Construction site wooden peg puzzle

No comments:

Post a Comment