Thursday, 24 July 2014

Recipe: Chocolate Macaroons

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 cups oatmeal
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 6 Tbsps cocoa
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Steps
  1. In a large pot, combine butter, sugar and milk.
  2. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
  3. Meanwhile get other ingredients ready, in separate bowls/containers.
  4. Once mixture has boiled, remove from heat.
  5. Add in cocoa and stir.
  6. Add in vanilla and stir.
  7. Add in coconut and stir.
  8. Add in oatmeal and stir.
  9. When mixture is stirred in completely, drop by spoonful onto wax paper on baking pans.
  10. Refrigerate/Freeze until set.

- Taken from my Mom's recipe


2 comments:

  1. I like these! I make the similar version that has peanut butter instead of coconut. I think they are especially good after being kept in the freezer (it doesn't take long for them to soften after you remove them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably like your recipe! I tend to not enjoy coconut so much...but peanut butter I do love!

      Delete