Her Last Breath (Kate Burkholder #5)
by Linda Castillo
2013
320 pages
Synopsis
An extraordinarily beautiful Amish woman, a dangerous femme fatale, is the central figure in a story that reveals a dark side of Painters Mill and its seemingly perfect Amish world
A rainy night, an Amish father returning home with his three children, a speeding car hurtling toward them out of nowhere.
What at first seems like a tragic, but routine car accident suddenly takes on a more sinister cast as evidence emerges that nothing about the crash is accidental. But who would want to kill an Amish deacon and two of his children? He leaves behind a grieving widow and a young boy who clings to life in the intensive care wing of a hospital, unable to communicate. He may be the only one who knows what happened that night. Desperate to find out who killed her best friend’s husband and why, Kate begins to suspect she is not looking for a reckless drunk, but instead is on the trail of a cold blooded killer amid the residents of Painter’s Mill. It is a search that takes her on a chilling journey into the darkest reaches of the human heart and makes her question everything she has ever believed about the Amish culture into which she was born.
Rating: 5 / 5 Stars
My Review:
I found this one really intriguing because it tied in part of Kate's past that was talked about in the first book of the series. I think it'll still come up in the next one, and I'm curious to see how it'll be resolved. The murder in this book of the series was absolutely crazy and not what I was expecting at all. It makes me happy when I'm reading that the author just pulls off a random and crazy twist to make me realize that I wasn't on the right track. It keeps me guessing, book after book, what really took place. I'm eagerly waiting the next book to get into the library so I can read it. Lastly, I was very pleased with how Kate dealt with the Tomasetti situation. I love that man, and it frustrated me to see how she could so quickly and easily just toss that away. I'm glad that at the end of this novel she finally came to her senses!

Looks like an interesting book. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the review:-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed the review - the series is fantastic, I hope you really enjoy it.
Delete